JARRELL FAMILY DENTISTRY
Coronavirus Advisory as of APRIL 25, 2022
Dear Friends and Patients,
We are a healthcare provider dedicated in prioritizing the safety of our patients and of our employees. We continue to adhere to strict Disinfection protocols and use of PPE for everyone's safety. As Covid protocols relax for majority of businesses, we are still required to have patients wear a facemask upon entry and to social distance. We request that you only remove your face mask during your examination and treatment when inside the treatment room. We hope for your understanding.
Coronavirus Advisory Letter as of May 1, 2020
We hope this notice finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it's both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies' recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
· Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You'll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
· We will ask that you call us from your vehicle when you arrive so that we can take your temperature and give you paperwork to complete prior to entering the office.
· We will ask you to disinfect your shoes, apply hand sanitizer and use an oral disinfectant rinse when you enter the office.
· You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children's toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
· Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointments.
· We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
· We will utilize heightened infection control measures including but not limited to routine surface disinfection and the use of an Extra Oral Vacuum Filtration System that helps safely remove droplets and aerosol particles created while providing treatment!
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make any appointment, please call our office at (512) 746-5222 or visit our website at https://www.jarrellfamilydentistry.org/
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Lourdes Massa and Team
Coronavirus Advisory as of April 22, 2020
Dear Patients, by order of the Governor of the State of Texas, all dental offices are closed effective immediately for non-essential and non-emergency dental care until midnight of May 8, 2020.
In the Interim, we will only continue to see patients strictly by appointment for dental emergencies relating to severe pain or infection or medical necessity. Someone will be in the office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm when you call 512-746-5222.
Please call us at 512-800-8157 if you have a true after hours dental emergency.
We regret this inconvenience, however, your safety comes first.
Jarrell Family Dentistry
Coronavirus Advisory as of March 22, 2020
In the midst of concerns regarding Coronavirus, we want to reassure you that Jarrell Family Dentistry is dedicated in your health and safety, as well as the health and safety of our employees and of our Jarrell community. As a Texas Dental Association (TDA) Member Dentist, we follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), White House, and the American Dental Association guidelines. In addition, we continue to closely monitor guidelines and recommendation issued by the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners, and the Office of the Governor. These recommendations could change as the situation continues to evolve.
Our office remains open. However, we are currently limiting our services to Essential and Emergency Services only. As your trusted dental health care provider, our goal is to be able to continue providing essential and emergent care with the trust and confidence that our office has taken every precaution regarding your safety.
Please help us to help you by giving us accurate information when we conduct our COVID-19 Screening by phone or in person. We also ask patients to please limit the number of people who accompany you to your appointments, unless they are necessary for transportation or assistance
We follow the following Texas Dental Association and American Dental Association recommended Guidelines:
1. Anyone identifying with any of the following conditions, should not go to the dentist for non-essential or non-emergency procedures:
- Currently has a cough or shortness of breath
- History of significant chronic illness
- Compromised immune system
- You or a family member are considered high-risk
- You or a family member have travelled to a location with a level 3 travel health notice
- Airline travel in the past 2 weeks.
- International Travel in the past 30 days.
- Previously asked to self-isolate or self-quarantine
- Close contact to an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 infection
If for any reason you are not feeling well, or you identify with any of the above scenarios, please contact us at 512-746-5222 and we will be happy to re-schedule your appointment.
2. All patients are to be screened upon arrival to make sure they’re not exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms. If a patient identifies with any of the above scenarios and/or exhibits COVID-19 symptoms, they will be advised to return home and contact their physician.
3. All employees are screened for COVID-19 upon arrival and before leaving work. If an employee identifies with any of the above scenarios and/or exhibits COVID-19 symptoms, they will be advised to return home and contact their physician. Physician Clearance will be required before returning to work.
4. Enhanced Safety Protocols have been put in place for your protection. We have heightened ongoing reinforcement to all Employees with regard to hand washing, disinfection, and Personal Protective Equipment. Daily and ongoing protocols of deep cleaning and office disinfection are in place. We have also started to use an extra Oral vacuum system designed to remove high volume aerosol during procedures.
Thank you very much for your trust in us. With your help, we can pull through this together.
Dr. Lourdes Massa and Staff